Friday, July 18, 2014

Digital Natives

I am considered a digital immigrant. The children today are digital natives. My two year old nephew can already navigate through my smartphone and figure out how to call my mom. I pondered this for a while but then realized that this is the world today. Children are practically born with technology at their fingertips. After reading the articles that address digital natives I realize that not only has technology changed the way we call, pay our bills, and read books it has changed the way we must teach our children. In order to keep our students engaged and active in our daily lessons we must utilize technology in one way whether it be videos, games, songs, etc. Paper and pencil are a way of teaching from the past that will not suffice in todays classrooms. I am excited and nervous to include technology into the lessons in my classroom. Nervous because technology can fail but excited because it can bring so much to the lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment